Dimmable LED Downlights
Here at Simple Lighting, we have a wide array of downlight types for you to choose from. No matter your requirements, we have got you covered. On this page, you will find our complete range of dimmable LED downlights.
Since they only require a fraction of the electricity that traditional downlights demand, they are both cost-efficient and energy-efficient.
Combine this with the dimmable feature of these downlights, and you can also create the perfect atmosphere. Read on to discover more about them, and please, do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
What are Dimmable LED Downlights?
LED spotlights can save energy, most will use dimmable GU10 LED bulbs as you can choose the level of brightness you wish to have in the room.
This ensures that you are not using more energy when it is not needed. Aside from being incredibly energy-efficient, the dimmable LED downlights can also change the mood and visual appearance of your space. On an evening, when you are ready to wind down, you can turn the lights down so that you have the perfect atmosphere in the room.
Unlike a conventional incandescent or fluorescent bulb, these LED light bulbs will not rely on a voltage circuit to allow their brightness to reach maximum capacity. Lighting ideas are made simple with the flexibility of brightness - no matter the atmosphere you’re trying to create, it will become attainable.
In contrast to most forms of LED lighting (LED strip lights, LED commercial lighting, LED spotlights, etc) - downlights such as a fire-rated LED downlight, bathroom downlight or dimmable downlight can be recessed (fixed or non-fixed with tilt) into a ceiling by inserting a hole carefully.
Typically, you will need to contact a professional upon installation - should you get it wrong, you may have an unwanted hole in your ceiling that can't fit any lights in optimally. Taking note of the product rating, reviews and specifications before purchasing will ensure that your home gets the correct integrated lighting addition.
What is the Difference Between Downlights and Spotlights?
The key difference between a downlight and a spotlight is that downlights are designed in a way that they throw illumination downwards, concentrating the light purposefully in a downward direction. As opposed to a spotlight which projects a narrow, intense beam of light onto a specific area, which can be adjusted.
This reflects in the type of lighting the two different types of light offer, with downlights tending to be used to offer auxiliary or general lighting. Spotlights, on the other hand, tend to be used to highlight a specific area or object.
One of the main differences between a downlight and a spotlight is the installation - while a downlight is installed directly into the ceiling, a spotlight is fixed on either the ceiling or a wall.
A downlight is also often a light bulb set in a metal cylinder with a decorative fascia, that is held into the ceiling using clips. This differs from a spotlight, which is fixed onto a wall or ceiling.
Can LED Downlights Be Dimmed?
LED downlights can absolutely be dimmed, but there are a few considerations that need to be taken into account before looking to install dimmable LED downlights.
Firstly, not all LED bulbs are dimmable, you must find out if your bulb is dimmable before you buy it. This is because some bulbs have technology restrictions, meaning that they can not be dimmed correctly and will not work. It is also important to use a specific LED dimmer switch, as ordinary dimmer switches will not always work with LED lights.
Due to existing dimmer switches often having a minimum power of 50W, and because LED lights tend to have lower wattages than a standard bulb, when a LED bulb is connected to a standard dimmer switch it will not reach the minimum power required. Essentially, what this will cause are the lights to flicker, make a buzzing noise or even overheat.
As you view the options below here at Simple Lighting, ensuring that you’re doing your due diligence and researching the switch that your bulb will need is vital to a successful lighting experience.
Why Choose Simple Lighting’s Dimmable LED Downlights?
As a leading provider of LED lighting in the UK, with years of experience in both commercial lighting and the residential lighting industry - we believe that there is an LED lighting option for everywhere within your household or workplace.
With our main goal being to provide businesses or homeowners with an LED lighting solution for every room available (low or high roof) - we have the ability to transform your aesthetic into something that you can be proud of.
Visitors, clients or customers, although you may not think it's too important will take note of the ambience subconsciously and make a mental note of whether they like the feel or not. Consequently, taking this seriously may be more crucial than you thought.
Whether you want to choose a cool white LED downlight to represent a more natural ambience within a certain room, or use a warm LED downlight to enhance brightness for certain scenarios such as cooking, reading, etc - we have a plethora of lights for you to pick from.
As our series of dimmable downlights are extremely extensive, not only will you be able to choose the brightness of lighting you want to go with - but, we also host a few opposing paint finishes. Some of our most favoured consist of chrome, black or white which for the most part will suit any style of household.
On top of that, we offer LED fire-rated downlights in this category that (in case of a fire) will help prevent the flow of fire around your commercial property or home.
If you would like to explore the dimmable LED downlights that we have for sale further, or you have any queries about them in general, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us for more information.
Our professional and friendly team is available to answer any sort of queries that you may have, irrespective of how big or small. By choosing Simple Lighting, you select products of the highest quality!
- Fire Rated, LED, GU10, Dimmable Downlight, Fixed - Various Finishes, Incl Quick Connectors£3.29 £3.95 Was £9.95 Save £6.00
- Recessed GU10 Spot Light Chrome, Brushed Chrome or White Finish£1.66 £1.99 Was £3.95 Save £1.96
- Fire Rated Downlight, GU10, Fixed - White Finish, With Quick Connectors£3.29 £3.95 Was £9.95 Save £6.00
- Dimmable, Fire Rated, Adjustable GU10 Downlight in Brushed Chrome, White or Chrome£3.75 £4.50 Was £11.95 Save £7.45
- IP65 Shower Fixed Fire Rated Downlight - Brushed Chrome£4.99 £5.99 Was £7.15 Save £1.16
- Matt Black Fire Rated GU10 Downlight, With Quick Connectors£3.29 £3.95 Was £6.99 Save £3.04
- Fire Rated Downlight, GU10, Brushed Chrome/Satin Nickel With Quick Connectors£3.29 £3.95 Was £9.95 Save £6.00
- IP65, Shower, Fixed, Fire Rated Downlight - White Finish£4.58 £5.50 Was £7.15 Save £1.65
- Fire Rated Downlight, GU10, Fixed - Polished Chrome Bezel, With Quick Connectors£3.29 £3.95 Was £9.95 Save £6.00
- IP65 Shower Fixed Fire Rated Downlight - Polished Chrome£4.99 £5.99 Was £7.15 Save £1.16
- 6w IP65, Short Can Dimmable, Fire Rated Downlight - White, Black or Brushed Chrome Bezel£6.00 £7.20 Was £11.99 Save £4.79
- Tilt, Fire Rated LED Downlight, GU10 - Various Finishes - White, Brushed Chrome or Chrome£3.75 £4.50 Was £11.95 Save £7.45
- Multi Pack of 10 Fire Rated Downlights With Quick Connectors - Brushed Chrome/Satin Nickel£32.46 £38.95 Was £47.99 Save £9.04
- Antique Brass Fixed GU10 Fire Rated Downlight£4.32 £5.19 Was £6.99 Save £1.80
- 8w LED Fire Rated Downlight, Matt Black Bezel£8.32 £9.99 Was £19.99 Save £10.00