Dimmable LED Downlights
Here at Simple Lighting, we have a wide range of downlight types for you to choose from. No matter your requirements, we have got you covered. On this page, you will find our complete range of dimmable LED downlights. LED downlights only require a fraction of the electricity that traditional downlights demand, meaning they are cost-efficient and energy-efficient. Combine this with the dimmable feature of these downlights, and you can create the perfect atmosphere as well. Read on to discover more about dimmable downlights, and please do not hesitate to get in touch with us if you have any questions.
Items 1-15 of 56
- Fire Rated, LED, GU10, Dimmable Downlight, Fixed - Various Finishes£3.95 Was £9.95 Save £6.00
- Recessed GU10 Spot Light Chrome, Brushed Chrome or White Finish£1.99 Was £3.95 Save £1.96
- Black Chrome Fire Rated Downlight, Fixed GU10£3.99 Was £6.99 Save £3.00
- Fire Rated Downlight, GU10, Fixed - White Finish£3.95 Was £9.95 Save £6.00
- Fire Rated Downlight, GU10, Fixed - Polished Chrome Finish£3.95 Was £9.95 Save £6.00
- Fire Rated Downlight, GU10, Fixed - Brushed Chrome Finish£3.95 Was £9.95 Save £6.00
- IP65 Shower Fixed Fire Rated Downlight - Brushed Chrome£5.99 Was £7.15 Save £1.16
- Die-Cast, Fire Rated LED Downlight, GU10, Dimmable, Twist and Lock. Choice of colours.£5.50 Was £9.99 Save £4.49
- Tilt, Fire Rated LED Downlight, GU10 - Various Finishes - White, Brushed Chrome or Chrome£4.50 Was £11.95 Save £7.45
- IP65 Shower Fixed Fire Rated Downlight - Polished Chrome£5.99 Was £7.15 Save £1.16
- Antique Brass Fixed GU10 Fire Rated Downlight£4.50 Was £6.99 Save £2.49
- Multi Pack of 10 Fire Rated Downlights - Brushed Chrome£38.95 Was £45.00 Save £6.05
- IP65, Shower, Fixed, Fire Rated Downlight - White Finish£5.50 Was £7.15 Save £1.65
- Dimmable, Fire Rated, Adjustable GU10 Downlight in Brushed Chrome, White or Chrome£4.50 Was £11.95 Save £7.45
- 8w IP65, Short Can Dimmable, Fire Rated Downlight - 5 Year Warranty£16.99 Was £19.95 Save £2.96
What is a Dimmable LED Downlight?
Dimmable downlights can save energy, as you will choose the level of light you wish to have in the room. This ensures that you are not using more energy when it is not needed. Aside from being incredibly energy-efficient, these lights can also change the mood and visual appearance of your space. On an evening, when you are ready to wind down, you can turn the lights down so that you have the perfect atmosphere in the room.
What is the difference between downlights and spotlights?
Generally speaking, downlights tend to be used for auxiliary or general lighting. When compared with traditional lights, they offer a more concentrated light source. Spotlights, on the other hand, tend to be used to highlight a specific area or object.
Can LED downlights be dimmed?
Yes, we have a great range of dimmable LED downlights for sale. However, it is important to note that not all LED bulbs can be dimmed. This is because some bulbs have technology restrictions. Because of this, we highly recommend purchasing from this page to ensure that your LED downlights will dim.
Where should you install dimmable LED lights?
We certainly recommend being tactical with regards to your installation of dimmable LED lights. You need to think about areas whereby lowering the level of light would be beneficial in terms of creating the right mood. It is all about context and purpose.
For example, dimmable LED bulbs tend to be very popular in bedroom and living areas. They are also common in bathrooms as well, enabling people to unwind in the bath without having a harsh, bright light on. However, they don’t tend to used regularly in kitchens. After all, there is little benefit in having a dimmable light above your kitchen workspace area. If you need focus, you’re not going to want to turn down the brightness of the light.
What will happen if you place a non-dimmable LED downlight on the dimmer?
If you were to install a downlight that was non-dimming in a circuit that has a dimming switch, it will typically operate normally so long as the dinner is fully on or is at 100 per cent. If you were to dim the bulb, this will typically result in erratic behaviour, for example, buzzing or flickering. This can cause damage to the bulb in the end.
Why are my dimmable LED lights flickering?
If you try to lower the brightness on your lights, and instead, your lights start flickering, this is almost always because you are using non-compatible lightbulbs or a non-compatible dimmer switch. As spoken about previously, non-dimmable light bulbs will work in your dimmable light circuit if the light is switched on fully and is at 100 per cent. If not, you are going to get a lot of flickering. Furthermore, if the dimmer switch is not compatible, it is going to go on and off many times per second.
This can cause your LED bulb to simply become a flickering strobe light.
Can you install your dimmable LED downlights yourself?
Fitting dimmable LED downlights is a job that you can do yourself. Nevertheless, as is the case with any sort of DIY project that involves electrics, we only recommend going down this route if you are completely sure about the task at hand. If you do not have any experience, you should definitely get a professional electrician to do the job.
Contact us today to find out more
If you would like to find out more about the dimmable LED downlights that we have for sale or you have any queries about dimmable downlights in general, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us for more information. Our professional and friendly team is available to answer any sort of queries that you may have, irrespective of how big or small.