Dimmable LED Downlights
Here at Simple Lighting, we have a wide range of downlight types for you to choose from. No matter your requirements, we have got you covered. On this page, you will find our complete range of dimmable LED downlights. Since they only require a fraction of the electricity that traditional downlights demand, they are both cost-efficient and energy-efficient.
Combine this with the dimmable feature of these downlights, and you can create the perfect atmosphere as well. Read on to discover more about them, and please, do not hesitate to get in touch with us if you have any questions.
What are Dimmable LED Downlights?
LED spotlights can save energy, most will use dimmable GU10 led bulbs as you can choose the level of brightness you wish to have in the room. This ensures that you are not using more energy when it is not needed. Aside from being incredibly energy-efficient, these lights can also change the mood and visual appearance of your space. On an evening, when you are ready to wind down, you can turn the lights down so that you have the perfect atmosphere in the room.
What Is the Difference Between Downlights and Spotlights?
Generally speaking, downlights tend to be used for auxiliary or general lighting. When compared with traditional lights, they offer a more concentrated light source. Spotlights, on the other hand, tend to be used to highlight a specific area or object.
One of the main differences between a downlight and a spotlight is the installation - while a downlight is installed directly into the ceiling, a spotlight is fixed on either the ceiling or a wall.
Can LED Downlights Be Dimmed?
Yes, we have a great range of dimmable LED downlights for sale. However, it is important to note that not all LED lighting can be dimmed. This is because some bulbs have technology restrictions. Because of this, we highly recommend purchasing from this page to ensure that your downlights LED will dim.
Where Should You Install Dimmable LED Lights?
We certainly recommend being tactical with regard to your installation of dimmable LED lights. You need to think about areas whereby lowering the level of light would be beneficial in terms of creating the right mood. It is all about context and purpose.
For example, they tend to be very popular in bedrooms and living areas. They are also common in bathrooms, enabling people to unwind in the bath without having a harsh, bright light on. However, they don't tend to be used in kitchens. After all, there is little benefit in having a dimmable light above your kitchen workspace area. If you need to focus, you're not going to want to turn down the brightness of the light.
This type of lighting is a great way of establishing a focal point in the room or highlighting the decorative items in your home - for instance, an artwork or a sculpture. Since you can set the downlights at a different level of brightness than the rest of the space, it will help in drawing one’s attention to it in a natural way.
What Will Happen If You Place a Non-dimmable Led Downlight on the Dimmer?
If you were to install downlighting that was non-dimming in a circuit that has a dimming switch, it would typically operate normally so long as the dinner is fully on or is at full power. If you were to dim the bulb, this would typically result in erratic behaviour, for example, buzzing or flickering. This can cause damage to the bulb in the end.
Why Are My Dimmable Lights Flickering?
If you try to lower the brightness of your lights, and instead, your lights start flickering, this is almost always because you are using non-compatible light bulbs or a non-compatible dimmer switch. As spoken about previously, non-dimmable light bulbs will work in your dimmable light circuit if the light is switched on fully and is at 100 per cent. If not, you are going to get a lot of flickering.
Furthermore, if the dimmer switch is not compatible, it is going to go on and off many times per second. This can cause your LED bulb to simply become a flickering strobe light.
Can You Install Your Dimmable LED Downlights Yourself?
Fitting dimmable LED downlights is a job that you can do yourself. Nevertheless, as is the case with any sort of DIY project that involves electricity, we only recommend going down this route if you are completely sure about the task at hand. If you do not have any experience, you should definitely get a professional electrician to do the job.
Have Some Questions?
Contact us today to find out more.
If you would like to explore the dimmable LED downlights that we have for sale further, or you have any queries about them in general, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us for more information. Our professional and friendly team is available to answer any sort of queries that you may have, irrespective of how big or small. By choosing Simple Lighting, you choose products of the highest quality!
Items 1-15 of 76
- Fire Rated, LED, GU10, Dimmable Downlight, Fixed - Various Finishes£3.95 Was £9.95 Save £6.00
- Recessed GU10 Spot Light Chrome, Brushed Chrome or White Finish£1.99 Was £3.95 Save £1.96
- IP65 Shower Fixed Fire Rated Downlight - Brushed Chrome£5.99 Was £7.15 Save £1.16
- Black Chrome Fire Rated Downlight, Fixed GU10£3.99 Was £6.99 Save £3.00
- Fire Rated Downlight, GU10, Fixed - Brushed Chrome Finish£3.95 Was £9.95 Save £6.00
- Fire Rated Downlight, GU10, Fixed - White Finish£3.95 Was £9.95 Save £6.00
- Dimmable, Fire Rated, Adjustable GU10 Downlight in Brushed Chrome, White or Chrome£4.50 Was £11.95 Save £7.45
- IP65, Shower, Fixed, Fire Rated Downlight - White Finish£5.50 Was £7.15 Save £1.65
- Fire Rated Downlight, GU10, Fixed - Polished Chrome Finish£3.95 Was £9.95 Save £6.00
- IP65 Shower Fixed Fire Rated Downlight - Polished Chrome£5.99 Was £7.15 Save £1.16
- 8w IP65, Short Can Dimmable, Fire Rated Downlight - 5 Year Warranty£16.99 Was £19.95 Save £2.96
- Die-Cast, Fire Rated LED Downlight, GU10, Dimmable, Twist and Lock. Choice of colours.£5.50 Was £9.99 Save £4.49
- Antique Brass Fixed GU10 Fire Rated Downlight£5.19 Was £6.99 Save £1.80
- Die-Cast, Tilt, Fire Rated, LED, Dimmable Downlight. GU10, Twist and Lock - White, Brushed Chrome or Chrome£6.30 Was £11.99 Save £5.69
- Multi Pack of 10 Fire Rated Downlights - Brushed Chrome£38.95 Was £47.99 Save £9.04