Help & FAQ's
On this page, we’ve listed the most common questions we get asked about our services and products. If this page does not answer your question, or you wish to discuss anything in more detail, please contact us using our online form.
1) How long will it take for my order to be delivered?
All products should have an indication of delivery time on them. If you need an exact delivery time please contact us by phone or email. We will be more than happy to check for you.
2) Can I collect my order?
No sorry. We operate from multiple warehouses, therefore we cannot guarantee collection times or dates.
3) How will you deliver my order?
We use well-known couriers such as Royal Mail, Parcelforce, Fedex, APC, please refer to our delivery information page for more details.
4) How much is delivery?
Delivery prices vary depending on the size of the parcel and delivery options selected. Orders over £75 to mainland UK can be delivered for free. See our delivery information page for more details.
5) What if my order doesn’t arrive?
We apologise if your order hasn’t arrived in the specified time frame. If this is the case, please contact our customer service team with your order number, and they will be happy to help you.
6) Can I return a product if it is not suitable?
Yes. We operate a 14 day no quibble return policy excluding LED Tape which is cut to measure.
7) Can I return my order?
Yes, please refer to our returns information page for further info.
8) How long do I have to return my items?
Any returns must arrive back with us within 14 days of the delivery date to yourselves.
9) How long do refunds take?
Refunds can take up to 7 working days, or 14 working days between September to December.
10) Do you offer trade prices or wholesale prices?
We offer both prices. However, please bear in mind, most products online are already priced below trade price.
11) How do I get trade prices?
Request a trade account online , but please note we will need to verify your business registration details before opening the account.
12) Do Simple Lighting products come with a warranty?
The warranty offered on our products is always 1 year unless we state otherwise on the product description. Many products have warranties of up to 5 years.
13) Where do I find the technical information for a product?
All technical information is provided on each product page, but if you have any questions, please contact us.
14) What lighting should I use in commercial spaces?
It’s important that commercial spaces, such as shops, schools and hospitals, are all well lit for the safety of the public. LED lights have become the most popular choice, but find out more about the best types of lighting for commercial and industrial spaces here.
15) Do LED lights get hot?
The simple answer is that yes, LED lights do get hot, but generally, the bulb itself does not get hot enough to burn you. Read more on the heat from LED bulbs here.
16) What are LED plinth lights?
LED plinth lights are small low-level LED lights, often positioned in kitchen kickboards and the sides of stairs. Find out more in our article: What are LED plinth lights and how do I use them?
17) How do you install LED strip lights?
1. Clean the area where you want to stick the LED strip lights.
2. Peel the backing paper off the LED strip and press the sticky back to the area you prepared for the light.
3. Feed the wires to the area where you plan to set up the LED driver/controller, this could be hidden behind a cabinet.
4. Connect the wire to the LED driver/controller.
5. Wire the LED driver to mains or put a plug onto the end of the wire and plug it into a socket.
For more details, refer to our article on how to install an LED strip.
18) How do you install LED strip lights?
1. Turn off the power.
2. Remove the old LED tube.
3. Secure the new LED tube carefully, each LED tube has one live connection and one neutral, and the fitment wires need to match them.
4. Turn back on the power, there should be no flickering or buzzing.
For more details, including how to get rid of and secure old tubes, refer to our article on how to install LED tubes.