Terms & Conditions
To protect your own interests please read the conditions carefully. If you are uncertain as to your rights under them or you want any explanation about them please write, telephone or email our customer queries department at the above address and telephone number BEFORE you place the order. YOU ARE ADVISED TO PRINT AND RETAIN THESE TERMS FOR YOUR RECORDS.
By placing an Order and purchasing goods from www.simplelighting.co.uk you enter into a legally binding agreement with us on the following Conditions. You should read and understand these Conditions because they affect your rights and liabilities.
These are the Standard Terms and Conditions of Sale of Simple Lighting Limited Trading As Simple Lighting Company of 10 Market Street, Birkenhead, Wirral, CH41 9HP. ("the Seller", "We" or "Us") for certain products as set out in the pages on this site ("the Goods"). Subject to the provisions of Clause 4.2 below, the price of the Goods the delivery charges and Value Added Tax where applicable is set out on the Order Form.
In accordance with the provisions of the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 you have the right to withdraw from this transaction. Details of your right to withdraw will be sent to you with the Goods when they are delivered and can be found below. PLEASE NOTE THAT THE RIGHT TO WITHDRAW FROM THE CONTRACT DOES NOT APPLY IN RESPECT OF ANY AUDIO OR VIDEO RECORDINGS OR COMPUTER SOFTWARE WHICH HAVE BEEN OPENED BY YOU OR ITEMS WHICH ARE EXCLUDED FOR THE CONTRACT.
THESE CONDITIONS DESCRIBE THE BASIS FOR PURCHASE BY YOU AND SALE BY US OF THE PRODUCTS DESCRIBED ON THIS WEB SITE.
In these conditions:
- ‘Conditions’ means the standard Terms and Conditions of sale set out in this document.
- ‘Contract’ means the contract for the sale of the Goods.
- ‘Payment Card’ means the credit or debit card or other payment system chosen by you to be used as the method of payment for the Goods of which you have provided details to us when placing the Order.
- 'Delivery Area' means Mainland UK
- 'Goods' which you have ordered including any instalment of the goods or any parts for them which are available for purchase from our Web Site in accordance with the Conditions.
- ‘Information System’ means a system for generating, sending, receiving, storing or otherwise processing electronic communications.
- ‘Order’ means any order placed by you with us for the supply of Goods.
- ‘Order Form’ means the electronic order form completed and submitted electronically by you;
- ‘Regulations’ means the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000.
- 'Web Site' our presence on the world wide web, currently accessible via the address www.simplelighting.co.uk
Reference to any statute or statutory provisions shall be deemed to include any statutory modifications or re-enactments thereof or any rules or regulations made thereunder or any enactment repealing and replacing the act referred to.
Unless the context otherwise requires:-
- Words importing the singular shall include the plural and vice versa.
- Words importing the masculine gender shall include the feminine gender and vice versa.
- References to persons shall include bodies of persons whether corporate or incorporate.
Unless the context otherwise requires references to clauses shall be construed as references to clauses of these Conditions.
Headings are inserted for convenience only and shall not affect the construction or interpretation of these Conditions.
Basics of the Sale
We shall sell to you and you shall purchase only those goods which you have set out in an order and which have been accepted by us. We reserve the right to reject any order. Unless otherwise agreed in writing each such sale of Goods will be subject to these terms and conditions.
No Order submitted by you shall be deemed to be accepted by us unless and until confirmed by e-mail or in writing by us.
No variation to these Conditions shall be binding upon us unless and until agreed by e-mail or in writing by us.
Any error or omission in any information or document issued by us shall be subject to correction provided that the correction does not materially affect the contract.
The quantity, quality and description of the Goods will be those set out in your Order (if accepted by us).
Orders are accepted at our sole discretion but are normally accepted if the Goods are available, the order reflects current pricing, you are based in the Delivery Area and your Payment Card is authorised for the transaction.
You or we are entitled to withdraw from any contract in the case of obvious errors or inaccuracies regarding the Goods appearing on our website.
You shall be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the terms of any Order submitted by you, and for giving us any necessary information relating to the Goods within a sufficient time to enable us to perform the Contract in accordance with its terms.
The quantity, quality and description of and any specification for the Goods shall be those set out in the relevant pages of this site.
We reserve the right to make changes in the specification of the Goods which are required to conform with any applicable statutory or EC requirements.
- The Simple Lighting Guarantee lets you compare the cost of comparable LED lighting products you purchase through the Simple Lighting website. The prices advertised on our website should be comparable to those offered by our competitors such as LED HUT, LED Lights, and LED Suppliers.
- Items which are included in our price guarantee are those which are produced by third party manufactures and any comparison must be based on like for like products from the same manufacturer.
- If you have found a product cheaper on a competitor site, please contact our customer service team on email@example.com, alternatively you could speak to us on 0333 443 2465.
- Our price guarantee process:
- Our customer service team will review your price guarantee request
- Upon review we will inform you by phone, or email within 48 hours of the outcome of the price guarantee
- Once we are satisfied that you are entitled to the price guarantee you will receive an email with a discount voucher for the difference in price which can be used on our website, www.simplelighting .co.uk
- You have 28 days after making a purchase to inform our customer service team that you have found a price variation between us and our competitors
- To qualify for the price guarantee the product must not be sold on a competitor website as a sale, bundle, or any other promotional activity.
- The price guarantee does not cover any voucher codes or 3 rd party discounts which may be available
- Our customer service team have the final decision on if you qualify for a guarantee, they will inform you in writing or on the telephone to let you know the outcome of your request.
Price of Goods
The price of the Goods shall be the price set out on the relevant page of this site. We reserve the right to change the prices set out on this site provided that if we accept an order from you the price for the goods will be the price set out in the relevant range at the time the order is placed.
If the price of the Goods increases between the date we accept your Order and the delivery date, we will let you know and ask you to confirm by e-mail/in writing that the new price is acceptable. If it is not acceptable then you will, of course, have the option of cancelling the order.
The price of the Goods does not include insured postage or packaging. There will be an additional charge made relative to the size and amount of Goods insured for postage and packaging. This charge will be clearly shown on the Order form
The total price is inclusive of any applicable value added tax
Terms of Payment
Upon providing us with details of the Payment Card and submitting the Order you:
- Confirm and undertake that the information contained within the Order is true and accurate and that you are duly authorised to use the Payment Card.
- Authorise us to deduct from the Payment Card account the full price of the Goods and all other payments which may become due to us under the Contract.
If it is not possible to obtain full payment for the Goods from your account on delivery of the Goods to you, we can cancel the Order or suspend any further deliveries to you. This does not affect any other rights we may have.
Where Goods are returned by you in accordance with your rights under the provisions of Clause 9, we shall credit the Payment Card with the appropriate amount.
We will not pass your personal information on to any third party without your permission. Unless solely due to our negligence we cannot be held liable for any losses you may suffer. If in any event your payment card is used fraudulently you are entitled to cancel the payment and be reimbursed by the card issuer without being charged for the loss.
Delivery of the Goods shall be made by us or our carrier to the address for delivery shown in the Order Form. It is important that this address is accurate. Please be precise about where you would like the Goods left if you are out when we deliver.
If you choose to have your order re-delivered to an alternative address after the order has been dispatched. This will be treated as a new instruction therefore we will levy a further delivery cost of £4.99. We reserve the right to reject any order which is being delivered to an address other than the billing address, this is to protect ourselves against fraud.
Once the Goods have been delivered in accordance with your delivery instructions and signed for, you will be responsible for them. Our responsibility for everything other than damage due to our negligence or due to a manufacturing design or design fault will cease upon delivery.
We will do all that we reasonably can to meet the date given for delivery or, if no date has been agreed, within 3-7 days of the order date. We cannot be held responsible for delays beyond our control. If we are unable to make the delivery date we will contact you. If delivery cannot be made within 3-7 days of the given delivery date you will be entitled to either arrange a revised date or cancel the order and receive a full refund. If we are able to make delivery in advance of the given date we will contact you.
If the order is a multiple order and we are unable to make delivery of the whole order but are able to deliver part we will contact you, informing you of this, and delivery will be on a mutually agreed date. In this instance delivery will be said to be made in instalments. Each delivery shall constitute a separate contract and any failure by us to deliver any one or more of the instalments in accordance with these conditions, or any claim by you in respect of any one or more instalments will not entitle you to treat the contract as a whole as repudiated.
If we fail for any reason within our control to fully/partially deliver your Goods any reimbursement shall be no more than the price of the Goods, together with any delivery and/or reasonable return costs.
Either party is entitled to cancel the contract in respect of non-performance of obligations in relation to delivery. If cancelled we will refund you any monies already paid by you and any reasonable return costs incurred by you.
All orders will be dispatched through 'Next Day Delivery' Couriers. Once the order is dispatched the parcel will be fully insured for the full value of the goods. Our responsibility for everything other than damage due to our negligence or due to a manufacturing design or design fault will cease upon delivery.
We will also attempt to always notify you of your parcel's tracking number in advance. However due to increasing business demands this may not always be possible. If for any reason we do not, you may contact us and we will send this number to you within 24 hours.
As set out on the header of these terms and conditions a delivery area is simply referring to "Mainland UK" If you are requesting a delivery to an area outside of mainland UK then we will do one of two things.
1) Use an alternative courier.
2) Contact customers if an alternative is not suitable due to size and weight.
The postcode areas which couriers consider not to be mainland UK are postcodes beginning by BT, IV, HS, JE,GY, IM, AB30-35, AB44-54, AB36-38, AB55-56, EIRE, FK17-21, G83,KA27-28, KW, PA20-99, PH17-32, PH34-48, PH33, PH49-99, TR21-25, ZE
For this reason all postcode areas listed above may not be on a next day delivery and will take slightly longer
Please note, any additional charges which you may be asked to pay is what we are charged by our courier companies we do not profit from courier costs and we do everything we can to avoid them such as using other couriers such as royal mail.
Risk and Property
As soon as we have delivered the Goods or services, you will be responsible for them. If you delay a delivery our responsibility for everything other than damage due to our negligence will end on the date we agree to deliver them, as set out in the contract.
Subject to the provisions of clause 9 and notwithstanding delivery and the passing of risk in the Goods, or any other provision of these Conditions, the property in the Goods shall not pass to you until we have received in cash or cleared funds payment in full of the price of the Goods. Goods supplied to you are not for resale
Warrants and Liability
Terms and conditions of this contract do not affect any additional rights you may have under a manufacturer’s warranty/guarantee. These are rights given to you by the manufacturer in addition to your statutory rights. Any additional rights given to you by the manufacturer in respect of Goods purchased are not incorporated into this contract.
As a consumer you have statutory rights regarding the return of defective Goods and claims in respect of losses caused by any negligence on our part or our failure to carry out our obligations. The terms and conditions of this contract do not affect your statutory rights. For further information regarding these rights contact Trading Standards or Citizens’ Advice Bureau.
If there is a claim that a fault has occurred with a purchased product, the following points may come into effect
1) It is important to note, that normally any manufacturers warranties would be null and void if there is reason to believe that a fault was not caused by a manufacturers defect
2) As an example, the product was wired wrongly, the fault is caused by using an incompatible or faulty transformer or led driver where appropriate. Please note, warranties are only valid when the lighting product is used with the recommended LED Driver/Transformer. EG, if you purchase a LED Light from us and use another manufacturers LED Driver than your warranty will be null and void. The reason for this is because like any manufacturer we perform extensive testing to ensure that the lighting and relevant drivers are compatible. If you were to use our lighting products with another manufacturers LED Driver than we would of performed no quality checks on this LED Driver and therefore cannot be 100% that the driver is to a satisfactory standard.
Please note, we adopt this policy and believe this to be fair and in line with most other leading manufacturer's policies.
3) Unless a product states it is dimmable, it is assumed that it is not. Therefore if you use a lighting product in conjunction with a dimmer it can cause failure or significantly reduce the life of a LED product. Therefore your warranty would be voided. This includes using a dimmer to just switch the lighting on/off.
Please note where dimmers are recommended on some product pages, it's important to note these are specialist 12-24v DC dimmers. Therefore standard 230v dimmers will not work with the products and will cause failure to the lighting.
If an item is returned to us and deemed not faulty. Or we believe that the fault has been caused by the customer, then we will charge the customer any costs associated in returning the product back to them.
It is very important to note the following warranty periods.
- LED Bulbs - Many LED Bulbs will be supplied with extended warranties. The minimum warranty for a LED product is 12 months. However we ask customers to refer to the warranty information on the product description page for further information.
- LED Tape - All LED tape is supplied as standard with a 1 year warranty and can be extended free of charge to a 5 year warranty. To extend the warranty to 5 years you must complete the warranty form supplied with your order and submit the extended warranty form to our company within 30 days of receiving the goods. There are other terms and conditions which refer to the 5 year warranty period and this can be supplied upon request.
- Halogen, Incandescent, fluorescent & CFL Bulbs. These carry a warranty of only 28 days and no longer. So please note any warranty periods noted on product descriptions will refer only to the fittings which hold the bulbs. EG, you buy a chandelier which is supplied with 5 x CFL Candle bulbs. The chandelier will have a 12 month warranty and the 5 x bulbs supplied will only carry a 28 day warranty.
Any orders placed on behalf of your business will NOT fall under the terms of Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 as it will be a business to business contract.
All sales are classed as final, we will not issue any refunds on goods ordered by you on behalf of your company unless faulty.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: TIME LIMIT FOR NOTIFICATION OF CLAIMS
You are asked to examine the goods as soon as reasonably possible after delivery. Any claim by you based on any defect in the quality or condition (including missing items or components) of the Goods or their failure to correspond with specification must (whether or not delivery is refused by you) be notified to the company within 5 days from the date of delivery.
Where a valid claim in respect of Goods delivered is notified to us within 5 days of the delivery date
- Reject the Goods and receive a full refund.
- Or have the Goods (or the part in question) replaced free of charge.
At Simple Lighting we always strive to deliver quality products and we want you to be delighted with your purchase.
However, for your peace of mind we are a member of the SafeBuy online code of conduct. This means that if for any reason you are not happy with your purchase or you simply want to cancel your order you can do, as long as you notify us in writing by email or by letter. We will then email you a return authorisation form which must be completed and included with the return.
The policy works as follows;
- Return to us the items within 30 days of receiving your order. We will offer a full refund to you minus any postage costs incurred by you.
Any item must be returned within its original packing, unused. Meaning, you can take the product out of the box and check the item but you must not install the item.
Once we receive your order back into our warehouse we will refund your order back onto your chosen payment method within 7 days.
The only condition to this, is that if the item purchased is not faulty it needs to be retail boxed, new and ready to sell onto the next customer.
However, certain items such as our range of LED tapes may be excluded from our usual 30 day return policy, this is because we cut the product to your requirements on order and the item could not be resold without financial loss to the company. If any product is excluded we will advise you on the product description. However we will still offer you a standard 12 month manufacturer's warranty in the unlikely event that a fault was to occur.
SOME PRODUCTS, WHERE STATED, ARE EXCLUDED FROM OUR USUAL 30 DAY RETURN POLICY. WE WILL CLEARLY STATE ON THE PRODUCT DESCRIPTION IF THE PRODUCT IS EXCLUDED.