Under Cabinet Lighting
Under cabinet lighting is popular not only as a practical lighting solution but as an aesthetically pleasing addition to any room, especially kitchens. With technological advances in lighting in recent years, property owners have plenty of choices when it comes to planning their lighting projects with light-emitting diodes (LEDS) leading the way.
LED under cabinet lighting is the perfect accessory for your new kitchen design. These fixtures provide a bright yet subtle form of task lighting for food preparation while creating a warm and welcoming ambience in your kitchen or dining area.
Items 1-15 of 40
- 3w130lms200mm Multi Functional Lithium Battery Under Cabinet Light - Natural White LED 4000K£16.99Was£20.99Save £4.00
- 1.8w115lmsSuperslim 1.8w LED Surface Mounted Under Cupboard Light£8.99Was£13.75Save £4.76
- 1.8w115lmsRecessed 1.8w LED Under-Cabinet Light - Cool White or Warm White LED£7.29Was£13.00Save £5.71
- 1.8w115lmsSuper Slim High Power 1.8w LED Triangle Cabinet-Light - Cool White or Warm White£8.99Was£13.99Save £5.00
- 6w300lms6w Under Cabinet Light, LED Flat Panel, Super Slimline - Natural White LED 4000K£10.95Was£14.99Save £4.04
- 2.6w250lmsHigh Brightness LED - Triangle LED Under-Cabinet Light - Warm White/Natural White£11.95Was£17.35Save £5.40
- 5w350lmsUltra-Slim Square 5w LED Under Cabinet Light - Natural White£12.95Was£19.05Save £6.10
- 2.6w250lmsHigh Brightness Recessed LED Under-Cabinet Light - Warm White and Neutral White£10.95Was£17.50Save £6.55
- 2.6w250lmsSurface Mounted LED Under Cabinet Light With Samsung LEDs - No Dot Design£10.95Was£17.50Save £6.55
- 2.6w250lmsNew Samsung LED Technology - Wedge LED Under-Cabinet Light - Warm White/Neutral White£11.95Was£17.50Save £5.55
- 5w350lmsRecti Super Slim 5w LED Cabinet Light - Natural White£12.95Was£19.95Save £7.00
- 2.6w208lmsMains Powered Brushed Chrome Surface/Recessed Mounted Dimmable Under-Cabinet Light£11.95Was£13.50Save £1.55
- 3.4w283lms3.4w Triangle LED Under Cabinet Light - Natural White£13.99Was£16.50Save £2.51
- 3.4w283lms3.4w Surface Mounted/Recessed LED Under Cabinet Light - Natural White£11.99Was£16.50Save £4.51
Types of Under Cabinet Lighting
At Simple Lighting you can browse our extensive range of LED under cupboard lighting. Whatever your project, style or decor, you’ll find fixtures and lamps to complement it seamlessly. Choose from a wide variety of styles, wattages and colour temperatures and shapes including round, triangle, wedge, recessed and super slim/ultra-thin styles.
Besides a plethora of designs, you can also choose from different finishing options. Choose from aluminium, chrome, nickel and stainless-steel metals with a brushed, matt, polished or satin finish. With multiple choices, you’re sure to find lighting fixtures to suit your personal style.
Why You Should Install Under Cabinet Lighting
Provides Additional Illumination
Often overhead lighting is not enough to illuminate those hard to reach corners in high-use rooms and for tasks which you really need to see clearly. Often the main light ends up being behind you as you work or shadows are cast on work areas making it hard to see when cooking or preparing food. By placing LED lights under the kitchen cabinets, you can have focused light exactly where you need it most.
Less Heat Output
LEDs are the best choice for under cabinet lights. Light-emitting diodes use all the energy for the light meaning they don’t have the same heat output as other bulbs. This also means they are safer to use in the kitchen where they will be close to food which could be sensitive to heat.
Beautiful Design and Ambiance
Installing lighting under kitchen cabinets instead of having additional ceiling pendants or floor lamps makes the best use of space. They are usually completely hidden from view until turned on, in keeping with a more modern and minimalist design. Depending on the type of LED under cabinet lighting installed, you can create a cosy kitchen feel or opt for a more contemporary look with a cooler tone.
Things to Consider When Choosing the Right Under Cabinet Lighting
Choosing the right lighting fixture for any project depends on a number of factors. Here are a few details to help you make the right decision for kitchen under cabinet lighting:
Recessed vs Surface Mounted
LED under cabinet lighting can be recessed or surface mounted. If fitting a recessed light, you’ll need to cut a hole in the cabinet or surface to install it, with little or no part of the fixture being visible. A surface-mounted light is easier to install and requires no cutting or modifying of cabinets. Both of our recessed and surface fixtures come in different designs and styles.
Mini Link LED Strip Lights
Another option for your under cabinet lighting is the simple to install LED strip lights. They come in handy DIY kits and are available in different lengths. Simply measure the length of your cabinet where you plan to install the lights and cut off the same length from your LED strip.
Multiple Colour Options
All of our LED lights come in different colour options, including various temperatures of white, namely warm, natural, neutral and cool white. We also have under cabinet lighting which provides multicoloured light, so you can get as creative as you like in the kitchen. For even more creative control, these LED lights can be adjusted using knob controllers or remote RGB controllers.
Under cabinet lighting is a low voltage lighting with either 12V or 24V required. This low voltage means you can use smaller light fixtures which is perfect for fitting in more lights into tight spaces under kitchen cabinets. Depending on the lighting fixture you choose, you may require an LED driver to convert mains voltage to the appropriate lower level.
Our LED under cabinet lighting can be controlled in a variety of ways, including a mini link in-line switch and motion sensors. With motion sensors, you can turn the lights off and on with just a wave of a hand, which is a great option for a room when your hands may be wet or covered in food! Dimmer switches are also useful to change the brightness of the lights and in doing so create different moods. Dimmable under cabinet lights also help you to cut down on energy usage.
Need more help to choose your under cabinet lighting?
To order your under cabinet lighting or to discuss any of our other lighting products don’t hesitate to contact us. Our team of lighting experts are ready and willing to help you in planning your next lighting project.