Choosing the perfect lighting for your home or property is an important aspect of interior design, why not check out some popular lighting trends. The right lighting fixture should be able to set the mood or desired ambience while enhancing the aesthetic appeal of any room or property area. LED downlights are a popular choice for both domestic and commercial properties for their versatility, minimalistic design, and energy efficiency. Combining functionality and style, downlights provide clear, bright and effective lighting for a variety of areas, including bathrooms, living rooms, kitchens, reception areas and offices.
Items 1-15 of 50
- Fire Rated, LED, GU10, Dimmable Downlight, Fixed - Various Finishes£3.95 Was £9.95 Save £6.00
- Recessed GU10 Spot Light Chrome, Brushed Chrome or White Finish£1.99 Was £3.95 Save £1.96
- Black Chrome Fire Rated Downlight, Fixed GU10£3.99 Was £6.99 Save £3.00
- Fire Rated Downlight, GU10, Fixed - White Finish£3.95 Was £9.95 Save £6.00
- Fire Rated Downlight, GU10, Fixed - Polished Chrome Finish£3.95 Was £9.95 Save £6.00
- Fire Rated Downlight, GU10, Fixed - Brushed Chrome Finish£3.95 Was £9.95 Save £6.00
- Die-Cast, Fire Rated LED Downlight, GU10, Dimmable, Twist and Lock. Choice of colours.£5.50 Was £9.99 Save £4.49
- Tilt, Fire Rated LED Downlight, GU10 - Various Finishes - White, Brushed Chrome or Chrome£4.50 Was £11.95 Save £7.45
- Multi Pack of 10 Fire Rated Downlights - Brushed Chrome£38.95 Was £45.00 Save £6.05
- Dimmable, Fire Rated, Adjustable GU10 Downlight in Brushed Chrome, White or Chrome£4.50 Was £11.95 Save £7.45
- Die-Cast, Tilt, Fire Rated, LED, Dimmable Downlight. GU10, Twist and Lock - White, Brushed Chrome or Chrome£6.30 Was £11.99 Save £5.69
- Antique Brass Fixed GU10 Fire Rated Downlight£4.50 Was £6.99 Save £2.49
- Fire Rated Downlight, GU10, Fixed, Twist and Lock With Quick Connectors - Brushed Chrome Finish£5.95 Was £9.99 Save £4.04
- Fire Rated LED Downlight, GU10, Fixed - White, Brushed Chrome or Chrome£3.95 Was £9.95 Save £6.00
- Tilt, Fire Rated Downlight, GU10 - White Finish£4.50 Was £11.95 Save £7.45
What are LED Downlights?
LED stands for ‘lighting emitting diode’. This modern technology is a safer and more energy-efficient alternative to incandescent, halogen, or fluorescent bulbs. LED downlights, also known as recessed downlights, they are a type of lighting fixture that is built into the ceiling. This provides you with an unobtrusive option for rooms where you don’t want bulky, pendant style fixtures.
Not only are they more attractive but they also provide better visibility. Instead of throwing light across a room, they emit a more direct beam of light. This focused style of lighting can be used to draw attention to a specific area of the room, highlight key features of the design, or provide task or ambient lighting as you desire.
Types of LED Downlights
Dimmable Recessed downlights are incredibly versatile, fitting seamlessly with a wide range of design styles. With all different shapes, sizes, and finishes to choose from, you can find the right fixture to enhance any interior. Match other features of your room with square, circle or oval-shaped downlights or browse through our selection of dimmable lights.
The dimming function transforms the room by letting you adjust the level of brightness, so you can change the ambience of the room at the touch of a button. At the same time, dimming also saves energy and money and extends the lifetime of the LEDs.
You also have the choice of fixed or adjustable recessed downlights. With these adjustable lights, you can turn, tilt and angle the beam to suit your specific needs.
All of these options are available as GU10 downlights, which are mains powered and don’t require a transformer or LED driver in order to work.
What’s more, these modern, sophisticated lights can also be operated from your smartphone, giving you complete control over your property lighting.
How Many LED Downlights Do I Need?
The number of recessed downlights you need for each room will depend on multiple factors. Firstly, it’ll depend on the room itself and the purpose of the lights. Do you need a general room, task, or key lighting?
For example, your kitchen will require work surfaces to be sufficiently lit to comfortably and safely perform cooking tasks, so a larger number of lights will be required at the counter level. A bedroom, on the other hand, will require fewer lights as you create a more relaxed feel.
The other aspect to consider is the size of the room and the height of the ceiling. If the room has a high ceiling, it may not need many, instead, choosing LEDs with a higher wattage would work much better. We provide a variety of wattages to ensure you get the best level of lighting for your property and for the specific function.
To find out the level of wattage that you need, simply multiply the square foot of the ceiling by 1.5. This will give you an estimate of the wattage needed for your room or property.
The Benefits of Installing LED Downlights
Not only are they a stylish fixture, but LED downlights have multiple advantages for you and your home or property.
With a wide variety of fixtures, functions, and finishes to choose from, LED downlights can fit into almost any interior and fulfil a wide range of lighting needs. As well as providing general room lighting, their compact design means they can fit perfectly into any hard to light areas, including cabinets, cupboards, under the kitchen sink, or any space you need to illuminate.
Energy and Cost-Efficient
LEDs are one of the most energy-efficient options for most general lighting requirements. For example, PL-C bulbs have an average lifetime of 10,000 hours while LEDs can last up to 50,000 hours, consuming up to 50% less energy. This efficiency also transfers to your pocket, with lower energy bills and less maintenance and replacement costs.
This is especially important for those needing lighting for large properties such as offices of commercial buildings. Because LEDs last considerably longer, not only do they save money in replacement bulbs, but you spend less time and effort in maintaining them. LEDs can last years, compared to just a few months of traditional lightbulbs.
Installing recessed downlights does require you to make a hole in your ceiling causing a potential fire hazard, as this creates a space for fire to travel unchallenged. However, our range of fire-rated downlights seal off the hole completely, slowing down the spread of fire.
The advanced design of fire-rated lights also come in a variety of finishes and styles.
So, you can put safety first and still have a chic lighting fixture that matches your decor and enhances any space it’s installed into.
Need more information on LED Downlights?
If you have any further questions about recessed downlights or lighting options, then feel free to contact us today. A member of our team will be more than happy to assist you in choosing the right option for your project, whether it’s at home or in the workplace. With great prices and high-quality lighting products, Simple Lighting will brighten your day!